Thursday, June 24, 2010

THE WILD BLUE YONDER

Just a quick note to let you know we are off tomorrow bright and early for Mr. Sweet Pea's family reunion in WILD WONDERFUL WEST VIRGINIA. 13 hours in an SUV with a two year old... I wonder how many times we'll watch Nemo or Monsters Inc... Do you remember family vacations in our day as children? No DVD player that's for sure... My parents used to put a mattress in the back of the family truckster (station wagon) and we (the four of us brats) slept in it all night the night before so they didn't have to deal with us in the am... How times have changed... I'll let you know how it went when we return...

Still making my way through the WBC posts. And appreciating all your sweet comments.

Amazing number of creative women in this world...

Until we return...

Hugs,

Shelley

8 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

yep, playing car bingo just doesn't cut it anymore, our son has to have iCarly on the whole way to Cali and back. Yep, he is 18 months. I don't know what we would do without the dvds
Have fun on your journey
Amy

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Hey Shelley...have a great trip, be safe, have fun, and we'll see ya when you get back.
XXOO
Susoie

Margo said...

Have a good time, I remember the days of the same movie over and over. But back then, there were no tv's in cars. Made for looooong trips.
Margo

Rita said...

The mattress story--what a hoot-- I actually did laugh out loud!
Enjoy yourselves!

julie miller said...

Hi Shelley, Have fun on your trip! This made me laugh cuz I remember car trips when we were young! I wanted to comment about your gorgeous studio! I didn't comment on that post cuz you had so many, I thought mine would get lost!! But I enjoyed your pics immensely! It's a wonder you get anything done when you're surrounded by all that loveliness! Warmly, Julie

trash talk said...

Just have a good time. If you're singing "The Wheels On The Bus" a lot...it's OK!
Debbie

Paige Thomas King said...

We traveled the same way, but it was a suburban with a false floor--suitcases stored underneath--mattress on top, literally divided down the middle in the hopes that my sister and I wouldn't fight! Then my youngest sister rolling around in a playpen propped in the back seat.
Have fun on your trip--I think I'll be following your blog . . .

June said...

Shelley have a wonderful time on your trip. I wish you a safe trip.
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...