Wednesday, January 5, 2011

PINCH ME...SURPRISE NUMBER TWO

It's been difficult to keep this one to myself. I did confide in a couple of very close friends that I knew could keep a secret...

It all started one morning last summer. A very average morning. I got out of bed, turned on my computer, made some tea and sat down to check my email. Same as every morning. This one was different...

There it was. An email from FIFI O'NEILL.

I stared at it.

Really?

She had seen the post I had done about my garden cottage that my sweet friend CAROL from RAISED IN COTTON had contacted her about. She wanted pics of my house for a potential magazine feature.

Really?

Fast forward to a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. She was sending a "friend" to do some test shots. Okay, I thought, I can handle that...

And then I found out who the friend was... KIMBERLY MCCOLE from DEAR DAISY COTTAGE. Widely published Kimberly McCole... Panic mode set in. For a week and a half I primped and pimped my home. I wanted it to be as near perfection as I could get it.



Kim and I spent the better part of a day together doing the shoot, had a great lunch, and by the time she left I felt as though I had known her my entire life. She's cool like that... And uber talented...

It wasn't long, maybe a couple of weeks, and I got another email from Fifi. This one said that an Italian design magazine wanted the story for the Dec/Jan issue and could I please complete the interview she had emailed immediately? Well...yeah!

Just like that a dream came true. I received my copy today and wanted to share it with you right away. It's been a crazy start to 2011. First to be selected as January 2011 COTTAGE OF THE MONTH AT THE OLD PAINTED COTTAGE and now to be featured in an Italian design magazine. Whooda thunk it?

Also pretty proud that I was considered the stylist for the pics and that everything with the exception of the styling for the fireplace shots is exactly how we live. I'm also happy that you get to see the garden cottage as well as the house.

Without further adeu, here is my feature in L'IDEA SHABBY CHIC.

THANK YOU FIFI AND KIM!























CLICK ON EACH PIC TO ENLARGE!

MANY LOVELY COMMENTS LEFT ON THIS POST WERE ACCIDENTLY DELETED BY THE AUTHOR IN AN ACT OF BLOGGER STUPIDITY. I AM DEEPLY SADDENED THAT THEY WERE LOST AND APOLOGIZE TO ALL WHOSE COMMENTS WERE DELETED.

24 comments:

Angela said...

Well I would have thunk it! I just knew we'd be seeing your home all over the place soon!! I'm so glad.

The Feathered Nest said...

Shelley!!!!!!! This is WONDERFUL GIRL!!!!! I'm so, so very happy for you ~ and I SO wish I could get a copy of that magazine too!!!!! Your taste is amazing and I'm not surprised one bit that Fifi found you or that your home is published! Congratulations on all of it sweet Shelley....you DESERVE THIS!! hugs and love, Dawn

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow! You are having a great year! Congrats again!

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Many congratulations! What an honor to be featured, and what a BEAUTIFUL home you have! SO inspiring....

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

Woo hoo!!!! A 20-page spread??? Shelley, having seen your home, I am dumbstruck. You DESERVE all the accolades! XOX congratulations!

Vintage Market Place said...

I think I would have collapsed in my chair!
What an amazing issue, speaking of uber talent, I believe that is YOU
Congrats on all your success
AMy

Karen said...

Congats, Your home is beautiful and warm.I'm not surprised that your being featured.I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Leah - The Inside Story said...

You should be very proud. Your home looks lovely in the magazine. Congratulations to you!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again, Shelley! Enjoy all of the notariety your getting! You so deserve it, my friend!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Faded Charm said...

Congratulations! Not surprising though, you have such great style and talent. Can you buy this magazine around here? I'd love to have a copy.

Kathleen

AntiqueChase said...

How fun! The photos are fantastic!

Dorthe said...

How fantastic for you, Shelley,the artickle looks wonderfull, I would love to be able buying a copy...
congratulations, on both ,it is so well deserved.
Dorthe

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Shelly, Wow! Congrats! And the article looks fatastic. Your home is amazing and I'm glad I found you at Cottage of the Month. I love your taste. xoxo tami
ps thanks for the reply to me the other day. My pillow is I think larger now that I see it again in the magazine. We've decided to put it on the guest bed as it's not quite the right size for our love seat.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, looks fantastic!

Polly said...

Shelley, this is so awesome! Yay for you!! You so deserve it!! Congratulations!

All the pics are amazing...you did a great job with all the primping and styling!!

:-)

Polly

Jen T said...

Congratulations!!! You are very talented and everything is absolutely lovely! JenT

Bohemian said...

CONGRATULATIONS! After viewing the articles I'm not at all surprised that it was featured not once, but twice... what a fabulous Home and decorating style you have! I would have been beyond panic as I don't think any amount of pimping and primping could have gotten this ole house in photo shoot order! *LOL*

What a great start to 2011 you have had!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Shelley, that is just amazing! Congratulations! I LOVE your home in the Italian magazine - just wish I could get a copy of it somehow!

Vicki said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your home is amazing. This is so well deserved. Exciting that they shot it just as you live. So happy for you!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Congrats Shell, that's pretty cool.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhhhh my gosh that is so
very exciting !!! Your home is beyond
gorgeous !!
Congratulations!!

xoxo
Lori

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

How EXCITING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bet it will be in a book in the future too. Can we buy that magazine here in the States? I would love to read it. Congratulations!!!
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

You should be so proud, and you deserve it. Very exciting. Wonderful photos of your home. Just dreamy! congrats! judy

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! I'm not surprised though. You deserve it. I'm just proud to say I have been to your cottage and will be there this Saturday for sure. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...