Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WHITE WEDNESDAY

Once again, it's WHITE WEDNESDAY... Kathleen at FADED CHARM is the brainchild behind this once~a~week~white~fest and I love being a part of it. There's just one thing you see... I am tapped out. There I said it. I am scrounging for new WHITES around the land of Sweet Pea. I don't have the Christmas spirit yet so can't help you there. I have new and fabulous plans for the garden cottage but that is a ways off as I have three shows on the horizon~~in fact the first starts Friday (see sidebar). This is a good thing as it is forcing me to stretch my imagination a bit, but I admit I am struggling. I had two snotty~nosed toddlers sneezing in my face all day to boot so I am trying to kill the germs with merlot as I type.

Anyway, this week I am cheating. I am going to another source for the WHITE fix we all crave... None other than ELIZABETH HOUSE... As a shop owner, I used to pour over her early posts and I am positive she is one of the inspirations for my starting a blog of my own. I hope she doesn't mind that I am showing some random photos of hers~~I give all credit to her and her enormous talent behind the lens. It was a highlight of the Spring 2009 blogger party to meet her in person. If you are reading this Elizabeth~~love love your style...




A photo from the loo in her apartment...


Could you die over this photo from her shop?


Taken by Elizabeth while at a flea market.


Do you remember the craze she started with these paper walls in her shop?

Happy WHITE WEDNESDAY!!

17 comments:

Mindy said...

Merlot. Ahhh, you are singing my song. And to listen to this music and peruse Elizabeth's magic? Well, you are a true friend. Thanks for sharing, Shelley! ~Mindy

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

JUST LOVE IT!!

Lisa said...

Oh what fun whites! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Lisa

Raised In Cotton said...

Oh Shelley, so glad you did a post on my bud Elizabeth. She is a doll and sooo creative. Beautiful pics:)

Blessings,
Carol

Maybe next Spring for Frenchies?

Anne Lorys said...

Oh, Elizabeth is the reason I'm blogging, too! I just adore her.
Love it!
Anne

Miss Gracie's House said...

Those are gorgeous photos...I'm going to check it out!
Rene'

trash talk said...

EEEKKK! I had forgotten all about the paper walls. I think I have that one in my style file...now where did I put it. I must steal, I mean borrow that one!
Debbie

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Shelly
I love these whites...Guess I'm still have to "get with it" as I have never been to Elizabeth House blog...Thanks for sharing and I'll be traveling over there next!
My Best
Gale

Faded Charm said...

Thanks for sharing. I always love to find new blogs to go and visit. This one looks right up my alley. Good luck with your upcoming sale.

Take care,

Kathleen

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Congrats on the Cover of Porch! I can't believe we are in such royal company of so many of the talented antique dealers I have found thru blogland and have admired these past months. Our booth from the Funky Junk Sisters show is featured on pg72 wow!
xoxo
Amy
Todays Country Store

The Feathered Nest said...

I love Elizabeth too Shelley!! Her taste and talent are just amazing...xxoo, Dawn

Carole said...

I just read her NYC adventure post...her latest. It was a long one but so worth reading. I just re-found her blog. I was addicted to her blog for a time too. Love the way she writes about everything in her life...so honest..it's fabulous.
We all go thru times of no inspiration....I did too until a couple of weeks ago!
Good luck a the show!
xxx......C

Sammy Girl said...

Hi, Sweet Pea!
Love Elizabeth ... and ever so much more picturesque than a pile of used kleenexes, which you are probably seeing a lot with the kiddos, lol!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Glamarella Junk said...

Fabulous!!!!!!
I want to move in!!!
Hugs Shelley..... Sherry

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Sooooooo many wonderful ideas in those shots....love this post! All the best,Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Absolutely loooove the paper wall. I just may do that in my new cottage.

Glamarella Junk said...

Love Love Love!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...