Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WHAT A GREAT DAY...

Today was the day that LAURA from 52 FLEA and I met face to face. I have been looking forward to it since last year when we made plans to get together when she was down visiting her parents on the west coast. Her sister LYNN came along and I was so happy to meet her as well. I got the idea to include my friend SUSIE whose blog FROM MY HOME TO YOURS many of you know and love.

MR. SWEET PEA joined in the fun too!


We had salad made from lettuce I grew myself...



I set the table using old platters for the salad and rested a bowl on top for the hearty soup I made from scratch.





I used an old mirror as the centerpiece and topped it with pretty fresh flowers in a glass vase. I picked up the lime green from the vintage tablecloth in the flowers and then added votives and scattered watch faces about the mirror. I secured botanical themed postcards in old flower frogs.





Everyone took home a handmade favor I made from peat pots and seam binding filled with a personalized treasure. Susie got a wasp nest, and an "S" made from chipboard. Lynn's favor featured an old millinery rose and an "L" and Laura received what else? Vintage metal stencils for the number 52.



I made place cards from sheet music then spelled everyone's names using these cute typewriter key press ons. I clipped the place cards to antique linen napkins with a glittered clothespin.











Left to right: Lynn, Susie, Laura and moi.


Lynn, Susie, Mr. Sweet Pea and Laura.


And just as she said she would, Laura left me a note on my chalkboard wall.



After lunch we headed to a local antique shop and did some browsing and then over to Susie's. Now it's time to sit back, prop up my feet and bask in the glow of a fabulous day with friends, new and old. Thanks for your company and for the sweet hostess gifts bestowed on me. Let's do it again real soon ok?

MANY WONDERFUL COMMENTS WERE LEFT ON THIS POST AND WERE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED BY THE AUTHOR IN AN ACT OF BLOGGER STUPIDITY. I APOLOGIZE TO ALL WHOSE LOVELY COMMENTS WERE LOST.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...