Thursday, August 19, 2010

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Back in the days of owning my own shop I used to while away the hours on slow days looking at the fabulous european blogs that are all aglow in gorgeous tones of white. It was on of these fabulous blogs that I saw a picture of the front of this stunning book.



I had to possess it...

The blog wasn't in english of course. I made it my mission to find some way to get my hands on this book. A stroke of luck had put me in contact with a european blogger who spoke english who helped me find my way to the jeanne d'arc living site. For a whopping $96 I was able to score a copy. I didn't care. I had to own this beautiful homage to a decorating style I hadn't seen before but had to know more about. This was in 2007 and the explosion of love for all things jeanne d'arc wasn't apparent on any of the blogs I was reading.

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent studying this treasure. It is my favorite book that I own far and away. I wanted to share some of the pages with you. I have no idea if it is still in print or not, but I suspect that it is not. Let me know if you know otherwise.

In all its glory, Franske Stemninger pa nordisk vis.



































P.S. Carola at Boxwood Cottage has sweetly let me know that this book is still in print and she has links where you can purchase it. Go HERE to contact her. The book is still in Dutch but the pictures are worth every penny I promise!

19 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Just gorgeous, what a trendsetting book, I'm looking now too!
xo,
Debra

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Simply stunning ~ I must get a copy!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for sharing! I have searched high and low for a copy for myself (no luck!) so I would love more postings in the future from inside this pretty book!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley... this is torture knowing that this amazing book exists out there and I don't have a copy of it!! It would be my favorite book, too, by far. I just ordered my very first Jeanne d'Arc magazine and can't wait to get my hands on it. I just love, love, love her style style!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful book with us!
Have a great day,

Hugs ~ Jo :)

Vintage Market Place said...

I love how the styling and photos are like the days of Doris Day close ups
all dreamy looking and soft.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.
Amy

trash talk said...

Shell, worth every penny and probably 10x that now!
Debbie

Glenda said...

Beautiful, lovely, and dreamy. Thanks so much for sharing the pics.
~G~

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh yes it is still in print, still Danish language only though, I know a few shops that sell it online, but these shops aren't in English language, just Scandinavian languages and German, if someone needs help to get it, let me know it would be my pleasure!
xoxo~ Carola

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Sweet Pea, what a wonderful book! I think it is one of those must have books too!

Nancy

sweetpea said...

thanks carola, i will!

hugs,

shelley

Discarded Forlorn said...

Shelley, I can see why you would be drawn to this book, it was amazing then and still is timeless.

Claudia said...

The magazine is gorgeous, and to own this book...heaven! I will have to look into buying it.

xo
Claudia

Anne Lorys said...

Holy cow, where the heck can I find a copy???? I woulda paid $100, too!

Wow.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

I've had this wonderful book for a couple of years now and still enjoy looking at it over and over ...it's a classic!!
Thanks for your suggestions on the chicken crate!...the plate rack idea is especially interesting!!!
Take care, Laura

June said...

Oh yes...this is truly a beautiful book Shelley. I have always wanted to see what was in it's pages. So thank you for the peek. I am hooked on the Jeanne d'Arc magazine now. It always takes my breath away.

You asked if I only have g-daughters? No, I am blessed to have two wonderful g-sons as well.
They weren't here that weekend so they didn't join the party.
hugs to you...

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~*Im a new blogger and am sooo thrilled I found your beautiful blog!!* I LOVE the photos from the magazine..just breathtaking!*~*~*~ Blessings, Rachel

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Shelley, you have always been so in tune with your wonderful style girl!!!! The book looks so amazing sweetie ~ I would so love to get my hands on it :) Have a great weekend, hugs and love, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Fantastique!

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hi Shelley,

it looks like it is really sold out now and at least temporarily out of print, 10 days ago I was still able to get a copy but now no more chance :( Even at the Jeanne d'Arc Living website itself it's sold out, it's just the second book, the garden book "Franske Fornemmelser" that is still available in some sources.

The books are in danish not dutch btw ;-)

xoxo~ Carola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...