Thursday, April 23, 2009

When In Texas...

When in Texas, we manage to squeeze in a little sight-seeing if we can.

The first two pics are of the house used in the movie Hope Floats, which can be found in Smithville, Texas just two towns away from where we stay. Who knew?



The next pics are of the world's smallest Catholic church. This teeny little church is right next to the field where our show sets up and I've always been curious about it. You can actually go inside and I did.




Beautiful fields of Bluebonnets everywhere the eye can see...


This majestic stone bridge sits in a meadow of Bluebonnets and beautiful old trees along the way to Round Top. Looks like a post card doesn't it?


In Warrenton, the biggest Easter basket I've ever seen!


And finally, this is me holding two adorable Yorkie puppies named Abby and Gidget. Check out the shades. What a scream!

4 comments:

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

You girls are all adorable! I've always wanted to see those beautiful Texas bluebonnets in person....maybe someday! Thanks for taking us on your road trip! Have a great weekend.
Be well, Laura

trash talk said...

This is why I love and live in Texas...even if it is hotter than a two dollar pistol in the summer!
Debbie

~La Rustique Market~ said...

Texas is the best place to live! I have lived in this wonderful state all my life and still have not seen even half of it. Beautiful photos!

Cute Yorkies with shades...I should have bought a pair for my Yorkie.

Lisa

Laura said...

Hi from Canada, just loving going through your entire blog. Such a delight for the eye, thanks for sharing. It's very hard to find great "JUNK" here. Fine antiques are where it's at here and most don't even know what shabby chic is. The shabby here goes to the landfill and the don't allow anyone to shop there (LOL) I hope to one day shop my way across the US hitting all the fabulous shows like Marburger etc and heading home with a really BIG TRUCK. If you have time please pop by and say Hi.
Tu-de-lu,
Laura
www.allaboutpretty.typepad.com
www.thevintagechicks.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...