Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marburger Show Spring 2009

So, the spring show is behind us now. Seems like it went by so quickly, maybe too quickly. It was so awesome to see all our friends and commrades in the antique world and to meet some new ones. Thanks to all the bloggers who stopped by and said hello! The weather was not our friend though, and made some of the days a challenge. Especially the day we fought to keep our booths intact during 40 mile an hour winds! Luckily we did not suffer any losses but many did. There is nothing worse than hearing other dealer's inventory crashing to the ground around you and wondering if yours will be next. At times it felt as though the tent would take flight with all my treasures attached to it!

I felt this was my best offering to date, and though most were very careful with their money the trailer was a little lighter going home. Mr. Sweet Pea was especially proud of his industrial metal dresser that he painstakingly stripped to the bare metal. It turned out just as I pictured it would and it went to a good home. What was selling? Small items, mirrors and some smaller pieces of furniture. The big stuff not so much. But in these times I am grateful for the support of our customers at any level. And besides, we always have a great time as well! Here are pics of my booth~~please enjoy! More pics to follow of the talented dealers I call my friends...

























14 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Shell, your booth rocks! Love it all and glad you had a good show. We had a great time hanging out with you and Mr. Pea! Can't wait to do this again in a few months. Happy Easter, T

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Wow! Your booth was amazing! Just my kind of stuff! Thanks for sharing your pics....Happy Easter!
Be wel, Laura

time worn interiors said...

I know it did go by to fast! Your booth looked so good, was my favorite of all you have done so far! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the fall!
TOT

ludmil said...

Dear Shelly and Rex... we enjoyed seeing the two of you talented people an setting up with you at Marburger... I loved being there and enjoyed each day, inspite of the weather.... that I could do without.. I am not a good trooper when it comes to being cold, wet, windblown.. I fear my whiny self really shows... but as you stated we all seemed to wind up really great after all that weather fuss... see you soon... time flies..already I am planning our next booth design..

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Looks like it was a great show!! Your booth....LOVE IT!! It all looks just perfect, Many Blessings, Janna

A Dreamer said...

Sweet Pea, your booth was absolutely one of the best I've seen! Your displays are amazing & you are certainly a very talented lady!! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, for those of us who couldn't be at the show.

Euna said...

Hey, Shell Bell: The booth looks great! Glad to hear you did well. I'm sorry we missed you on the trip back! We got back home on Tuesday. You should have called and we could have caught up! Happy Easter! Euna

trash talk said...

Mr. and Mrs. Pea, It was an utter delight getting to meet y'all and hang out (although not nearly long enough!). You are both great fun/
You're booth looks wonderful. Y'all did a terrific job of merchandising. I totally understand the wind thing. Our tent actually lifted its back legs once. All you Marburger girls (and guys) are so talented. I'd be jealous, but I like you all too much for that. Look forward to seeing you in the fall.
Debbie

Karen from A`Musements said...

What a WONDERFUL space, Shelly! I am DROOLING over your things, which I am sure FLEW out of the show.... you create magic in your vignettes. Wishing you and your family a beautiful Easter.
xoxo
Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Shelly,
Glad you made the trip safely. Your Booth looks great! I hope to go to that show someday. Iam going to the Farm Chick show. Iam excited about that.
Have a restful Easter.
Sue-Orlando

lorhen82 said...

Wow, what great photos! I'll take one of everything, please! ~Lori

Antiques and More Blog said...

Shelley, What a pleasure to meet you and Mr. Pea! I enjoyed our visit and I loved your booth...great displays. There is so much talent amongst all you Marburger gals and guys. See ya in the Fall!
Happy Easter~ Lisa

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Your booth was beautiful! I enjoyed meeting you!!

Amy

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

I am gobsmacked!!! Stunning!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...