Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Gardens At Sweet Pea

Well it's official~~the dog days of summer are here. We go from one extreme to the other. No rain, too much rain. I am actually quite surprised by the stamina of my gardens this year, as usually most of my plants are looking more than a bit tired by now. It isn't easy to garden in Florida. Early on I tried to achieve the cottage garden look, and I will admit that I wasted a lot of money on fussy perennials that never stood a chance even though Jackson and Perkins guaranteed they would. Those plants are but a memory now, and while I long for peonies, snapdragons and delphiniums I have learned to use what works in this brutal climate I call home. Here is a look inside the gardens at Sweet Pea...















3 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Your garden is absolutely beautiful!! I love all it's character! Great job!
Have an awesome day!
Kim

time worn interiors said...

Would you come and design a garden at my house? Please! I love you gardens they are so peaceful looking, makes you want to set a spell!
The Other Theresa

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Your garden looks just beautiful!! I hope that storm isn't headed your way, be safe. Theresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...