Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's In The Details

If there is one thing I truly appreciate when going to a shop, restaurant, or other public place it's a great bathroom. There's just something special about places that take care to provide really nice facilities. A clean place to put your purse and hang your jacket, nice soap to use at the sink, and special touches that let you know they care about the details. When I opened my new shop I knew I wanted a really great bathroom not just for myself but for my customers as well. So I took great care to make it warm and inviting, and I actually have people come in and say someone told them to be sure and use the bathroom while at my shop! So I decided to give you all a peek inside. Enjoy!

Pages from old books of insects and botanicals that I decoupaged on the walls.



Wire dress form that was a gift from my Mom.


Old frames, 1928 communion pic and old mirrors on wall.


Old stool I covered with a grain sack. Great place to sit your purse.


Looking into the bathroom at the sink area.


Close-up of 1928 communion pic in old frame.


Great old mirror above the sink.

5 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness! I love it, Shelley!! Such sweet touches ~ i LOVE the decoupaged walls, too...wish I could visit your shop...xxoo, Dawn

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Girl, you've got some major talent going on and that's just the bathroom!! Texas is going to go crazy over you when they discover you. No wonder you are drawn to Curious Sofa Deb, you two are kindred spirtis!! Love it.

Charm and Grace said...

What a stunningly beautiful bathroom. Your decoupage is just so lovely, and I love the pictures you chose. The scarf on the dress form is a brilliant touch, too.

Thanks for letting us have a peek!

Blessings,

Christi
Charm & Grace

The Plum Tree said...

Shelley, your bathroom is incredible. I too am all about the bathroom and hate to find one that is just plain nasty. You have a wonderful talent, I say you will be a hit in Texas too!

secretleaves said...

I really like the stool upholstered with a grain sack. Great idea--looks wonderful!

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...