Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Belle Of The Ball

If you are lucky enough to know Theresa Cano of the infamous Garden Antqs Vintage then you know why I call her the Belle of The Ball. She is charming, beautiful, her smile is infectious, she just gives off an aura. As if it isn't enough that she is a wife, mother of two, has a real job, and has booths at two antique malls~~she also sets up twice yearly at Zapp Hall in Warrenton and hosts a fabulous blog party. Her last party was over the top! Fabulous food, wine, tons of bloggers~~some from as far away as France, and a book signing to boot.


There's Ms. Cano on the left giving some direction to none other than Deb and CD from Talking Trash, who also had a fab booth at Warrenton.


A crowd gathers around the book signing table.


Okay so here's where I have to out myself about my poor memory for names... The handsome dude on the left is the owner of Park Hill Collections (sorry I forgot your name), in the middle is the fabulous Melanie of Seed Box Antiques, and sorry I never met the woman on the right... tsk tsk.


The grub.


Stan Williams author of The Find.


More bloggers getting to know each other.

And now for pics of T's booth. She had a lot of nature and botanical themes going on, and I think she is the only other person I know who loves wasp nests like I do. She has tons of them...





Here's an inside tip for shopping in T's booth~~rumor has it that when Mr. Garden Antqs Vintage is manning the booth you are likely to get DEEP discounts... Just kidding Theresa!! You go Cruz...

12 comments:

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

It's such a treat to see all of these wonderful pictures of all the shows you all just did! So much inspirition in each and every shot! Looking through yor pages, I didn't realize that you also did White Wednesday this last week...I just figured you were taking a break...sorry I didn't come to look! It's all great!!
My Best
Gale

Sheila said...

I think she is totally GREAT... some how, I do not know how... she was the first blog I came across about 2 plus years ago and have been addicted every since.

Anne Lorys said...

Theresa is amazing, no question. I don't see how she does it all, and not only that, but does it brilliantly! And you too Shelley, you're pretty much the belle of any ball you attend, too!
Anne

trash talk said...

I heard she was giving great deals on pumpkins!
I had a great time hanging out with all of y'all and I always look forward to it!
Trash

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Shelley, what a nice surprise to come home this evening and open your blog to find a post about me, you are too sweet. I love seeing pics of the blog party from your view, and there were people there that I didn't even realize showed up! Thanks for this my friend, missing you and the Mr. already, T

Carole said...

ok now I know I need to bring a huge u-haul....no suburban will do!
Thanks for sharing all these lovelies! I'm drooling like crazy!
xxx......C

AuroraSuzette said...

Thanks for sharing. I am 'getting aquainted' with so many creative folks thru your blog!

Pearl said...

Hi Shelley,
You are so kind. Wish you lived closer so we could visit.
Thank you for always making the Marburger experience more fun!
Hug Mr. Sweetpea!!!
Love to both of you,
Pearl

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

I loved meeting that Theresa Cano - she really is as you describe her. Sweet, gracious and beautiful. p.s. I'll have to keep in mind your tip on shopping in her booth for next time :)

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

She is awesome,would love to spend a week (or 6) with her!! Great post,all the best,Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Golly...y'all just have the best shows out there. Heck, here, when I am out treasure hunting, I still run across so many people who don't know what good shabby vintage is. ugh! I have admired the "white Wednesday" blogs I run across and would love to be a part of it. Would you add my name and let me know it's okay? Thanks so much and I love your blog. Lynn @ The Vintage Nest

blessings said...

Hi Shelley. It was a fun evening and Theresa has been a delightfully kind gal from the moment I met her! And it was great to meet so many people there. I'm just thrilled that I got to meet you and spend some time talking together! Hope you're recovering from all the work *smiles*

Blessings... Polly (p.s. I saw a book in your booth/tent and wondered if you still have it - Farm Ballads?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...