Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What I Love~Part Five

Okay I admit it~~I do love these hoe shields and have quite a collection of them. I know they are in stark contrast with my other "pretty" collections, but that is exactly why I love them. My style has always been to pair very primitive, rustic elements with very pretty ones. And for me it works. What are hoe shields you ask? Well they are basically part of a piece of farm machinery--the sort of things that till the soil. I find them beautiful and interesting, and I hope you will as well...

These particular hoe shields are my private collection and are not for sale. However I do have similar shields that are for sale and if interested please contact me regarding purchase of one or more.










3 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

They look to me like some ancient sea creature that lies flat on the bottom of the ocean...had a blast with Theresa and poor Craig, but he seems to enjoy it too...what a pair.

I miss Florida big time and if I ever can afford to drive down again, I'll give ya a holler.

sharon

Lauri Evans said...

They remind me of sunflowers!
say 'hey' to Mr. Sweet Pea
xo lulu

colleen said...

I just found your blog while searching for info on Warrenton (I'm thinking about going there in the fall). Your blog is right up my alley. I've bought/sold a couple of these hoe shields - but I have to admit that I never knew exactly what they were! Your collection is just stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...