Friday, April 11, 2008

I Won An Award At Marburger!

Okay I'm not sure some people would be flattered to win an award for being the #1 Junker at Marburger, but if you know the context of the word "junker" in the circles I travel in, then you know it's a good one. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the JunkMarket Girls~~Sue Whitney and Ki Nassauer. They've been featured on HGTV many times and have written two books on re-purposing "junk" into treasures. Well, Sue was at Marburger doing a book-signing and giving demos on several of their projects. She also walked the show looking for booths that featured treasures made from salvaged materials and gave out awards to a few select dealers. And...looky looky~~I got an award for the potting table Mr. Pea and I made from an old dresser and various pieces and parts!! I was super flattered and even teared up!! Check it out~~I got a trophy cup, a best-in-show pin and an autographed card showing what I won for. How cool is that?

Thanks Sue! For more info on the JunkMarket go to www.junkmarketonline.com.

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I have been seeing you all over blogland my sweetie!!! You deserve this, you're quite incredible and so belonged in this crowd of amazing antiquey artists! So glad you're home safe and sound and hope that you made bookoos of money. Your space looked incredible, Shelley...love all the photos ~ xxoo, Dawn

A Wild Thing said...

Congratulations, it's the little things in life, right, but to us in the junk biz this means alot.

Ki and Sue once visited my shop when they were just getting started, with their old buddy Tom, the super picker. It was fun for me too then.

Great blog and remember, you can never have enough junk.
Sharon

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a great award to win!! That was a cool honor.

The Plum Tree said...

Shelley, You are so deserving of this award. Your booth looked fantastic and I hope you did well despite the trailer problems. I really want to go and probably will before I am too old to get around. I am excited for you...post more pictures of your shop! I want to steal your ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...